Examples of how ScanChex might be utilized includes:
ScanChex® simply lets you know when an assigned individual has not shown up to do their prescribed task or is
ScanChex also provides a variety of management reports ranging from missed scan notifications, packing slips, employee schedules to employee speeding advisories, just to name a few.
ScanChex is a subscription, cloud based ‘Software as a Service’ which means that there is no software to download, and you can access the platform anywhere there is an internet connection.
Additionally, ScanChex is designed to be up and running in a matter of minutes without the need for specialized equipment and utilizes everyday smart phones as the scanning device.
ScanChex allows you to use our service in 6 broad categories:
After three years in development, and having employed the highest standards of programming and security, you can be assured that our services are constantly being improved as the company rolls out new features and improvements, always staying on the cutting edge of the latest technological advances.
ScanChex, Inc is based in Miami, Florida, United States.
Following are the System Requirements for each platform:
In order to take full advantage of the features of the iPhone, we recommend that the latest version (7.0 or above) be installed. Some of these features are:
Any versions lower than 7.0 might have some errors in the GPRS mapping system.
In order to take full advantage of the features of an Android device, we recommend that the latest version (7.0 or above) be installed. Some of these features are:
Any versions lower than 7.0 might have some errors in the GPRS mapping system.
Company: US Property & Maintenance Services, Inc
Type of business:
To avail the services of ScanChex, every customer is required to register, and we do offer a FREE 15 Days trial account to explore our services – this time period will help ensure that ScanChex is right for your business and your assigned account executive will help you configure and implement a proper trial along with goals within a limited area of your operation (please see our suggested Trial Period Guidelines which will help you during this time.
Click on the “Learn more” link to view a briefly video explaining what ScanChex is all about. Already explored the options? Click on the “TRY it FREE!” link to sign up today and enjoy 15 days free of charge.
To register for your 15 Days FREE trial Account:
Registration is complete. Kindly check the email that you have provided to obtain your account number and for temporary login details.
Open the email for your login details.
When you Login for the first time you can change the temporary password which was auto-generated and sent to you in the Registration Confirmation Email. The password should be unique and alphanumeric. And meet the following minimum criteria:
Check your Email for the new Log in details for your account. Use the Customer ID, Username and new temporary password to log in to your ScanChex Account.
You can change your password to your desired one by going to the “Utilities Tab” and click on “Password Change”.
Additionally, there is a “MESSAGES” button at the very top which is where you can send a message to any or all of your employees instantly and from them directly to you. An alert symbol contain the number of unread messages will be show beside it, if this is the case.
The top band also contains the menu items in addition to the other short cut buttons: CONTROL PANEL, MESSAGES, TICKETS, LOG OUT. Your name and current time (at your logged in location) is also shown.
Finally, just below the menu, you will see a message indicating:
You can manage your View / Edit / Print your QR codes, Reports and Employees performance.
You can upload the Requirements, Questions, Documentations, Videos and audios that are required for your employees to carry out the efficient work in minimum amount of time.
The Website interface will give you full command over all your business modules, including to ability to send messages to any or all of your employees instantly and update their work priorities.
Here a glance of the main control panel of your ScanChex Account.
Complete Control Panel image
The main menu contains four tabs, “Maintain”, “Reports”, “Utilities” and “Help”. These tabs have menu items grouped according to the type of functionality and which will give you easy access to the specific action you wish to carry out:
As stated before, the very first time you log in, there are a few things that you will need to do, to set up your account properly:
In fact, in keeping with the above, the system will guide you through these steps,the first time of you log in (after you have changed your password from the temporary one).
The screenshot below shows the employee panel containing your own information. A server message is displayed on the top of the panel reminding you that you need to add at least one employee. Note that your information is already added for you here as the “Administrator”, shown as “Admin” under the “Level” column.
The Main Control tabs are always on the top of every screen:
These will be described in greater detail later in this guide.
Finally, on the top right of the side, the current time according to your time zone is displayed.
In updating your profile, you will upload your logos, default settings, create and maintain your documents library, default questions for your employees, and many more. Updating is very important as you information will reflect on your statements, reports, employee cards etc.
Here is a step by step guide to update your Profile settings.
Edit or Update your contact information. This information will be displayed on your statements, reports and employee ID cards. The Account Summary will show you the package that you are presently subscribed to, along with the maximum capacities allowed within the package as well as show how many of each you are currently using and how many you have left. These include:
Profile Page image
2. You can upgrade your monthly package by clicking on the upgrade link and select the package best suited for your business. You can subscribe for your monthly package instantly. See the Monthly package payment option for more details.
server message image
3. Assets added to your account are summarized and compared against the package you have subscribed for, leaving the amount available– show in a separate line.
Account summary image
4. You can also cancel your account when you click on the cancel link on your profile page. Confirm your selection if you are sure you want to cancel your account permanently.
Confirm page image
QUESTIONS allow you to create a series of default questions which may be common to the assets that you create and which can then be selected from, as you create these assets.
You may want every asset to contain the following questions on each ticket:
Questions may be in any one of three forms:
Once you enter these ‘default’ questions within your profile, you may then select from among them when you create your assets.
In this way, any ticket created for this asset, will now have these questions WHICH MUST BE ANSWERED BY THE EMPLOYEE BEFORE HE/SHE WILL BE ALLOWED TO CLOSE THE TICKET OUT.
Please note that you do have the ability to create “Custom” questions at the asset level, specific to the asset (in addition to the ‘default’ questions).
6. Click on Add button to start adding your Questions into to your profile.
Click Question Image
7. Write the Questions in the Question section and choose the type of answer for the question that your employee has to submit.
add Question Image
8. There are 3 types of answer choices available.
9. Save the answer of the questions.
Save Questions Image
10. You can update these questions and their answers any time you want by clicking on Update button in the end of each question. You can also add more questions.
Question Update Image
Please note that you do have the ability to create “Custom” documents at the asset level, specific to the asset (in addition to the ‘default’ documents).
Add documents image
13. Select the Document you want to upload by clicking on the Choose File button. Navigate to where the file is located on your computer and then click upload to upload the document.
Choose file image
14. The documents will appear in your Document panel where you can Edit or delete them.
Type doc image
15. The last step in the set up process is set some additional default information as follows
Setting page image
Let’s look at each of these settings in turn:
PREFIX TICKET ID:
Where YY = Year of ticket (set by the system and cannot be changed)
999999 = a number you can enter to conform with your own ticket numbering regime
ScanChex is a ‘ticket’ driven system, and you can use your own initial number when you first start. This number is completely arbitrary and is up to you to decide – what some customers do is to base this on their existing ticket numbers, such as using skipping the current sequence and then starting with the next higher set in round numbers, in such a way as to be able to tell immediately which numbers were generated by ScanChex.
This is the ‘default’ time you wish to have on each ticket that you will allows for ‘INSPECTION” type assets to be inspected. For example, if your employee commonly inspects, say empty foreclosed homes, you may wish that this default time be set to 5 minutes per inspection tag or checkpoint.
This is used to help determine the total job time for this particular ticket, and this can be modified from one ticket to the next as needed.
This is the average time you wish to allow between one location and the next.
This is used in helping to inform the next customer when your employee may be expected… thus the time from one customer to the next would be computed as follows:
Scan of tag to start job + total of inspection / service times per checkpoint or tag + travel time
Here you set the date format you prefer:
MM-DD-YYYY = Month-Day-Year
DD-MM-YYYY = Day-Month-Year
All screens, reports etc will reflect this chosen format.. You can freely change any time for your account.
As part of our commitment to the security of your files, ScanChex allows you to encrypt your data using a key only known to you, and this is where you can create this key.
Please keep in a safe place.
DEFAULT (TICKET) CANCELLATION REASONS:
From time to time it becomes necessary to cancel tickets which have been created. In cancelling these tickets, ScanChex will prompt you to enter a reason and any comments you may wish to add.
The default reasons you may wish to choose from can be entered here for easy application.
There are three default notifications which you may set:
– when set to YES will send an email to anyone listed in the DEFAULT EMAILS (See below)
– if there is a change to a tickets scheduled time, then a notification will be sent, not only to the assigned employee, but also the customer, and anyone listed in DEFAULT EMAILS
– when set, will alert the customer that the employee is on his way, or running late
– additionally, the Employee’s ID card is sent to the customer so as to be alerted whom to expect from your Company
There are 5 default emails available to be alerted to the various messages being sent from time to time. Additionally each can be individually selected to receive “Alert on Exception” or “On Scan”.
Alert on Exceptions
This recipient will get an alert email whenever there is any kind of alert message sent eg an employee not scanning a code on time
Alert on Scan
This recipient will get an email when a tag has been scanned
ScanChex allows any account of at least 100QR to have their own “private label” logo appearing on the Control Panel and Main Screens.. Think of this as a way of white labeling, so that your company’s logo will appear instead of the ScanChex logo
If used, this logo needs to be a maximum of 225 x 35 pixels as shown, for best fitting.
ID CARD LOGO:
Please enter the company logo here that will print out on you employee’s ID cards.
For best results, use a size of 385 x 215 pixels.
QR TAG LOGO:
Once again, if your account package is greater at least a 100QR or greater, you will have the ability of including a private label logo within each QR tag as they are printed to enhance your company’s brand.
For best results, use a size of 50 x 50 pixels. If your account allows it, and if used, you will see a sample tag generated to help you refine the tags label and also to make sure that it scans OK.
Click Save to save the changes you made in to profile settings.
Some of the features include:
Following is a step by step guide to demonstrate how to add and modify an employee.
Open Employee image
Or if the window is already being displayed, click on the Add button to start adding your company Employees.
Add employee image
information employee image
3. Choose the level of your Employee. There are currently three levels:
The Manager level employees have full access to the entire scanchex.net ‘back-end’ to administer the system and perform any function such as adding tickets, customers, assets run reports etc.
Managers and Supervisor level employees have access to a special administration panel of the mobile application where they can perform certain functions such as the ability to take new asset pictures and pin-point its physical location more accurately.
The Employee Level represents your mobile workforce., responsible for actually doing the work as contained on each ticket.
4. Choose the status of your Employee.
Active employee image
If the employee is available to work set this to Active.
If an employee is not working with your company in this position again, set this status to Inactive.
Warning message image
5. Enter the Username and Password for the Employee. This Username and Password will be used by the employee to login to their devices to carry out their assigned tasks.
Username Employee Image
6. The Username and the Email of all Employees should be unique as the system will verify if either Username or Email ID of any employee matches with any others, within your organization.
Waring message username image
7. Upload the Picture of the Employee. The picture option is used for making the Employee Cards for their verification purposes, and for the best resolution you should make the size 300×300 pixels / dpi.
8. Click on “Save and Add New” button on the bottom of the page to add a new Employee of your company.
Information saved images
Employee panel image
10. To Edit / Update and Employee, simply double click on the name of the employee you wished to update and or click on “Edit” button on top of the panel, after selecting the employee first.
Edit Employee image
11. Update the information of your employee. The username and password can also be updated. Click save when you finish updating the current employee.
Update employee image
print id button image
13. A separate window will open with the Employee card. The Employee card will show Employee’s Name, Designation, Picture, Your Address and a QR Code. This QR code is unique to this particular employee and allows him or her to scan in in cases where:
There is also an area for you to add your company’s logo which is needed for your employees ID card.For the best resolution this image needs to be.
This is added under your company’s profile.
ID card image
Select employee image for delete
15. This will permanently delete your Employee from the system. The system will reconfirm before deleting any employee as to be sure whether the button is clicked by mistake or not.
Delete Confirmation image
ScanChex is ‘customer based’ and you can add as many customers as you want, depending on your monthly package. Your customers may be located anywhere in the world and each will have a designated time zone.
Following is a step by step guide to help you create your customers properly.
1. Open the Maintain tab and click on the Customer link.
Open Client image
2. You will see a summary customer panel, which will list any previously entered customers. To add a new customer, click on Add button on the top of your panel.
Add Client Image
4. You can enter multiple addresses for the same customer. You can enter different managers for each location with their email and telephone numbers. All this information is required for your employee to reach on the specific location and for payment options.
5. The interactive map will pin-point your customer’s location visually.
6. Click Save and Add new to add more customers.
customer Information image
7. The information will be saved in your account. Click OK to add the next customer.
save customer image
8. You can Add you customers later also by clicking the add button on the top of your panel.
9. If you wish to Edit / Update some specific customer information select the customer from the summary panel and click the Edit button. This will allow you to make changes to that customer’s information. Click save in the end to confirm the changes.
Edit customer image
Delete customer image
Services are comprised of components or parts
As shown below the components A .. Z are what comprises Service #123.
Services are placed on your tickets for your employees to perform, and you have the ability to print a packing slip for so that you can be sure the employee takes the correct components (and quantity) to ensure that the work is done efficiently, without back and forth to the office to get the parts needed.
Additionally, you can track your component costs, and also assign a retail value for your customers. As your employee works through a ticket, they check off each service as it is completed, so you are able to keep track of the progress they are making.
You can have as many services as your company needs, and each can be comprised of as many components or parts as required.
This section is intended to guide you through the procedures to set up the components and services needed by your company.
4. After Adding all the information for the component, click Save and Add New to add the next component.
5. After adding all the components, you can see those components in the summary panel with the description of each component.
6. The components panel also stores the information regarding the Last Use, Last use by and total component used to Date. You will find this information useful by helping you to keep track of how many components are used and in how much quantity.
Here are the steps to populate the Services you need for your organization:
4. Choose the components that are related to the service.
5. Enter the Quantity of the component.
6. Click Save and Add New Service to add the next service that your company provides.
7. The Service is added to your account. Click OK to add the next service.
8. Once you finish adding all the services, you can see them populated in the summary Service Panel.
10. By clicking on the Add more you will see the list of components you have already added in your Components section. You can choose the desired components that you need to add to this particular service by clicking the check box. Enter the Quantity of the Components that are required for the service. Click “Save” and the new components are added to your service.
13. You can delete any service you desire at any time you want. If that service is currently used on a ticket, the system will inform you that it is currently active. Select a service that you wish to delete, click the Delete button on the top of your service panel. Confirm your selection to be deleted.
14. Your service is deleted from the system. The components that were a part of the service will be updated automatically.
This is used for items which needs to be inspected or checked on some regular basis such as:
In this scenario, an Inspection type asset would be created and assigned a frequency of inspection, ranging from hourly to years. A QR code is printed, which is placed on the asset.
You also have the ability to create a series of ‘checkpoints’ at this particular location, which, when set up will need to be scanned by the employee as part of his duties.
The next step is to assign this job to one of your employees, and using our accompanying mobile app, he or she will scan the code(s) or checkpoints, at the appointed time.
This work appear as ‘tickets’ on the employees device when they log in … these tickets are generated automatically by the ScanChex server several hours on advance of the actual time.
If your employee does not scan the code at the correct time, or location, an alert email is sent to designated individuals. ScanChex is also designed to ensure that the correct employee is doing the work, and there are safeguards to ensure that it cannot be inspected outside a limited window of time.
You will need at least 1 QR tag for each asset or location, however each tag can have at least 5 checkpoints.
This is used for items which need to be service or maintained, such as:
The system works much the same as with Inspections, described above.
Assets are created, but as a ‘SERVICE’ type asset. A QR Tag is created to be placed on the asset, for example and A/c unit in a hotel room.
Employees need not be assigned at the point of creation, and can be done any time the ticket is created. A frequency can be established for preventative maintenance reason to help ensure that the work is being performed when it should.
Additionally, each ticket can have all the services required to be carried out by the employee included so they will know exactly what needs to be done. Before they leave your offices, they can print out the components or parts required to complete the associated service properly.
While they’re on the job, they can fully document the visit by making notes in whatever form they wish such as written, voice, pictures or even videos. They will also have access to any documentation such as schematics or configuration manuals etcand, as well, the prior ticket history and associated notes performed by others.
While the asset is being serviced, the manager can see this progression and any notes recorded, via the Control Panel.
You will need 1 QR tag for each service asset, and this type of asset does not support ‘Checkpoints’
This works exactly the same as SERVICES described above, however, the ‘assets’ in this case is referred to as ‘Patients’, and is fully HIPPA compliant.
You will need 1 QR tag for each patient, and this type of asset does not support ‘Checkpoints’
This is useful for ensuring that your employees get to work and leave on time. If you do not, then an alert email or text message may be sent to you. An advance calendaring system supports changes in specific days, such as when they’ll be late because of a doctor’s appointment. Holidays are also supported (internal plus public).
You will need 1 QR tag for each employee, and here again, checkpoints are not applicable.
If you have important and valuable equipment that you want to be able to monitor as to which employee has it, for how long, and to be alerted if it is not being returned on time, then utilize our Check-In / Check-Out asset type.
This allows you to assign QR tag to the asset, and then use the mobile app to check it out to a specific employee, for a specific amount of time.
If it’s not returned on time you will be alerted.
You will need 1 QR tag for each asset.
This is being finalized, but will work similarly to the HEALTHCARE asset type, but for ensuring that your pets are being looked after by the correct individual and on time. This service will also support geo-fencing.
This will be launched within the next few months.
This asset type will be useful in any ticketing operation such as:
Tracking when children are picked up by their school buses. If the child did not catch the bus for any reason, you will be notified instantly.
Or if the elderly is not being picked up on time.
ScanChex ENTRÉE can also be used to check off tickets at a concert to help ensure tickets are not being duplicated fraudulently or in a amusement park to help ensure that the number of rides paid for is not being exceeded.
Text Box Text
CC = COUNTRY CODE
9999999 = UNIQUE ACCOUNT NUMBER
XXXX = CUSTOMER ID
YYYY = LOCATION CODE FOR THIS CUSTOMER
ZZZZ = ASSET CODE AT THIS LOCATION